How many times have you entered a photography contest and wondered why you did not win? Many… right.
Of course you worked hard on the image you created. From concept to pre-production from shoot day to post-production. Your friends and colleagues agree even complimented you on a successfully striking image. Perhaps even encouraged you to submit the photograph into a contest.
Photography contests let me just say there are many contests out there to enter. BE selective in the photography contests you submit your prize image to. "How do I know which contest is right for me?"
Here are some photography contest tips:
1. Look at the judges for the contest. Are they professional and currently in the creative world.
2. The company hosting the photography contest is a reputable one.
3. Quality sponsors are affiliated with the contest.
4. Obviously submit your image to it's appropriate category.
5. Be aware of the contest's usage rights of your image.
Photography contests can be a great way to be recognized & acknowledged in the photography community.
The last thing I'd like to leave you with about photography contests. Once you submit an image let go of all expectations. Art is subjective BUT never let that stop you from creating and image you are proud to show the world.
Thank you DUGGAL for selecting my image for 1st place in the 2014 Portrait Photography Contest. This shot is of the lead singer Steve Messina of Blow Up Hollywood.
Finally I'd like to acknowledge and congratulate the five runner ups: