Wednesday, October 5, 2011

iPhone 4s. Do you know what the "s" stands for?

iPhone4s | Spencer Gordon Photography | New York Freelance PhotographerDo you know what the "s" stands for in the iPhone 3Gs and the iPhone 4s? It stands for "SUCKER". I've been caught in this upgrade consumerism ploy twice, once with an iPhone and the other with my pro camera Nikon D2Xs. Unless you know going into your purchase that this "s" version is only an inkling of what the next real version will have in store you may want to wait. The iPhone 4s is releasing Oct 14th. Ask yourself this question: "Can I wait?" If your answer is "Yes." Then I advise to listen to your inner voice.

For instance when I bought my iPhone 3Gs I was so excited. It was my first iPhone and my phone contract was allowing me to upgrade. We have all at one point or another been strong armed by our phone companies as to when we can upgrade. Any-whoo ........ My friends that had the iPhone 3G were envious of my iPhone 3Gs then the iPhone 4 came out 12 months later. The iPhone 4 blew the doors off the iPhone 3Gs! I wish I could have said that about the difference between the iPhone 3 and iPhone 3Gs. The 4 had a better screen the video and audio were far superior than the iPhone 3Gs. The list goes on and on.

So if you don't have to upgrade or can wait until the release of the iPhone 5 you may want to hold your horses.

Good News is that in addition to AT&T and Verizon the iPhone is now going to be available on the Sprint network.

Click here to read a related article by Ad Age Digital.

Photo credit: © Spencer Gordon for Oyster bathing suits

No comments:

Post a Comment