Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Go Pro Camera Pros and Cons


Go Pro Hero Helmet camera wow what fun! I just got the Hero Camera last week so over the weekend I put it to the test. I decided to teach Jeep, a French Bulldog, to swim and since the camera is water resistant to 180 feet this would be a perfect opportunity. No... we did not dive that deep with Jeep, come on he is only a beginner in the water. That's next week. Ha!

So far I've tried the camera on my bike helmet, underwater using the head strap and it is really fun. It takes a bit to get use to the menus. The thing is so small the LCD screen can only have so much info on it so most of the features are in 3 - 4 letters. Just think of it as your are covert operative and you have to break the code. The directions are easy to follow so not to worry.

Pros of the Hero:
- Small
- 1080 HD quality
- Durable: shockproof, rugged
- Water Resistant to 180 feet
- 5mp still images
- Other useful features, different resolution settings for video, time interval still photo, photo burst and a self timer
- Comes with a few mounting accessories
- SD card compatible *make sure you get a class 4 or higher card.

Cons of the Hero:
- Menu is cryptic
- No screen on the camera to replay
- SD card sold separately
- No safety leash in case the camera pops off it's mount. Hey ya never know....
- No markings on the mount for degrees of angle. Here is a post I found that will help with determining your appropriate angle. Click here.

I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this camera. So many ideas I want to try. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment