Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nikon D800 Review - Release Date

Spencer Gordon | Photographer | Filmmaker | Specializing in People, Interior and Lifestyle
2 years ago I was ready to purchase the new Nikon camera. My Nikon D2Xs has been a great workhorse of a camera but it is missing that ever imposing video feature. Since I am invested heavily in Nikon lenses this keeps me as a Nikon shooter. I love the Canon 5D Full HD video capture at 1920x1080 resolution quality for video and 2 years ago I was excited about the NEW Nikon D3s. But wait... it only had 720p video!!! For $5g's I said "NO way not until you get that puppy up to 1080p!" Especially for that kind of do-ray-me. With photographers continually having to expand their horizons the tools of the trade are more important than ever. Photography gear is expensive and the equipment I purchase I want it to meet mine and my clients needs. I'll be curious to put the D800 through the paces on the battle ground.

The Nikon D800 has no set date for when Nikon will release this camera to the public yet. I predict they will release the Nikon D800 in the Spring of 2012. Although I don’t know all of its features and specs just yet, I can tell you that it will have a resolution of 7360×4912 (36MP), HUGE! The video resolution will be better than that of the D3s camera. It will also have different video modes: 1080p/30/25/24 and 720p/60/30/25/24, and both CF and SD memory card slots. My only concern will the Nikon D800 have the shooting still speed of the D3s. We shall see.

Come on Nikon it's time to bring it!

RESOURCE MAGAZINE » GEAR NEWS: Upcoming Nikon D800!.


Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Nikon D800 | Nikon Rumors.



Next week I will have a hands on test demo with the LYTRO camera. Read the preliminary post about the light field camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment